If you’re wondering “Should I get my commercial roof inspected?” Let Republic Roofing help you out. As a savvy business owner, you know the importance of keeping your commercial building in top shape. And your roof is no exception. Unfortunately, the harsh weather elements and aging can wreak havoc on even the most expensive and durable roofs out there. If left unchecked, minor issues can escalate into serious problems in no time.
That’s why you need to act proactively and try to avoid costly issues like leaks at all costs. Leaks and roofing problems can disrupt the life and productivity of your employees or tenants. Furthermore, a damaged roof can dramatically lower the value of your property, jeopardizing the safety of those inside the building. Ultimately, it will negatively impact your bottom line.
With that in mind, we have created a complete commercial roof inspection checklist for you. This will help ensure that your roof stays in good condition and you can prevent any potential issues before they arise.
To protect your investment, you need to take a comprehensive approach that covers all aspects of roof inspection and maintenance.
Let’s look at some key steps:
1. Perform a Professional Inspection – Partner with a trusted local roofing company like Republic Roofing to perform a comprehensive inspection of your roof. Their experts will help you identify any potential trouble spots before they turn into bigger, large-scale problems.
2. Check Roof’s Structural Components – Ensure that all structural components installed on your roofing system, such as chimneys, skylights, vents, and pipes are thoroughly examined during the inspection. Any sagged, bent, missing, or damaged parts should be replaced or repaired promptly.
3. Get rid of Debris – Don’t let debris such as branches, mud, trash, and leaves accumulate on your roof. Make sure to regularly remove these obstructions to allow water to drain properly. This simple step can help you avoid costly leaks and damage like mold growth and caved-in ceilings.
4. Don’t Ignore Standing Water
You should never ignore ponding water on your roof. Discoloration and stains around the drainage areas are warning signs that water is being trapped for too long. If left unattended, it can gradually cause leaks and increase the risk of storm damage. While you may be able to spot these issues during a quick DIY inspection, fixing the problem requires the expertise of professional roofers.
5. Check Your Gutters Regularly
Your roof’s drainage system including gutters plays a crucial role in preventing water damage to your building. Conducting regular checks to ensure that they are clear of obstructions and functioning properly can save you from major troubles and expensive repairs in the future. Clogged gutters, on the other hand, can cause water to pool on your roof, leading to structural damage, lost inventory, and ruined equipment, among others.
6. Pay Attention to Flashing Details
Don’t overlook the small details when it comes to roof maintenance. Cracks in the flashing components like stacks and curbs can quickly turn into bigger problems if left unchecked. Make sure to hire trusted experts to inspect these areas and catch any issues before they worsen. This simple step can help you save a lot of time, money, and hassle in the long run.
7. Inspect Your Downspouts
Most often, the little things can make a big difference in the health of a commercial building’s roof. Take a closer look at your downspouts and make sure they are in tip-top condition. An experienced roofer will thoroughly check your downspouts including the termination points located at ground level. So, don’t wait until clogs turn into large-scale problems and need extensive roof repairs for restoration.
8. Check Railings and Stairs
And finally, don’t forget about the crossovers, railings, stairs, and platforms near your roof. These seemingly small details can have a big impact on the safety of those inside your building. Regular inspections will uncover any missing or loose parts, damaged materials, or surface rust before they lead to accidents.
Looking For Commercial Roof Replacement or Maintenance Services? Get in touch.
There you have it – some of the easiest and highly effective tips you can use to protect your commercial roofing investment. If you’re looking for an effective commercial roof maintenance program or want to replace your commercial roof, look no further than Republic Roofing.